Diet 90 days is not accidentally loved by modern working women, preparing for the whole family: delicious dishes with Central European flavor, prepared by recipes for any of the phase days, will appreciate even the most fastidious households!
You can have everything! But in due course
This diet is organized very simply: it consists of repetitive cycles of days, the sequence of which can not be changed.
- 1st Day – protein
- 2nd Day – starchy
- 3rd Day – carbohydrate
- 4th Day – vitamin (fruit)
At the end of the cycle it is repeated again, after each seventh cycle (i.e. every 29th day of the diet 90 days) it is necessary to carry out an unloading aqua-day, during which it is necessary to eat nothing and drink simple non-carbonated water.
Permitted products by day
- Protein: meat, fish, seafood, eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, any dairy products without additives. All vegetables except starchy. No more than one piece of whole-grain bread (only at lunch!).
- Starchmal: legumes (including lentils and soybeans), cereals, vegetables, including starchy and potatoes, one slice of whole-grain bread (at lunch).
- Carbohydrate: pasta, bread, crackers, vegetable pizza, buckwheat and barley cereals, millet, any vegetables and tomato sauce, yeastless pastries without eggs, sweetness.
- Vitamin:fruits, dried fruits, vegetables, fruit and vegetable juices, seeds and nuts (no more than 25 grams).
Menu: less exotic, more realism
The names of the days eloquently indicate which ingredient is a priority today. However, calling their diet for 90 days a diet of separate nutrition, the authors set not strict rules of selection of products – it is allowed to use salt, spices, some additives (including broth cubes).
When combining foods it is important not to eat protein food with carbohydrate, except non-starish vegetables and tomatoes, to which the authors treat with a large petite, considering that tomatoes and simple tomato sauce without additives can be eaten almost any day, except unloading. It is also not recommended to mix protein products from different sources in one meal , for example, eating fish and cottage cheese or meat with eggs.
To prepare recipes for 90 day diets Breda and Moyts approached with the practicality of experienced hostesses: all dishes are not difficult to prepare at home from ingredients that can be found in any store, and to offer the whole family.
Daily menu: Diagram
Every day (except unloading) – two of any fruit or fruit – a glass of any berries
300 ml broth (on a protein day – meat, in starch and carbohydrate – vegetable) – hot dish or salad of permitted ingredients
On a carbohydrate day – 1 strip (20 grams) of dark chocolate – a portion of ice cream, 1 cake or 3 small biscuits
On protein and starchy days, 1/2 of the hot dish or salad you ate for lunch
On a vitamin day – 1/2 portion of the dish that you ate for lunch or 1 grapefruit (or 2 slices of watermelon, a portion of soaked dried fruits, fresh fruit to choose from).
Thus, in fact, on a diet of 90 days it is necessary to choose and cook a day only one full dish with the calculation of the quantity that was enough for lunch and dinner. It is better to imagine what this food can be and be inspired by the Slovenian flavor, our recipes for a 90 day diet will help.
Protein Day: Chicken Paprikash
Ingredients: large chicken breast (or three thighs, all skinless), 2 onions, 1 clove crushed garlic, olive oil, 1 tsp red paprika, a pinch of marjoram, a little chili or Tabasco sauce.
- On 1 tsp olive oil fry the finely chopped onion until soft, add the chicken cut into large cubes, fry until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and all the spices, mix well.
- Pour the paprikash with hot water, reduce the heat to a minimum, leave the dish to stew under the lid for 15-20 minutes. Serve with fresh herbs or lettuce.
Carbohydrate day: dumpling noodles
Ingredients: 120 grams of flour, 125 ml of water, 1 tbsp olive oil, a little salt, 1 onion, grated tomato sauce.
- Knead the dough from flour, water, and salt – one should have consistency, allowing it to easily pass through a colander with rare round holes.
- In 2-3 liters of boiling water add olive oil and through a colander, stirring constantly, pour in the dough.
- Cook until cooked (about 5 minutes), throw the dumpling noodles on a small colander or catch a noise, serve with the onion, if desired, adding herbs.
Starch day: potato casserole-mussaka
Ingredients: 6 medium-sized potatoes, 3 medium tomatoes (or a few cherry tomatoes, 1 cup boiled lentils or beans, 1 grated carrot, 100 ml of any broth, salt, pepper, 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley, 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Boil potatoes in a uniform, cool, peel, cut into circles.
- In a fireproof, lightly oiled form to put layers of potatoes, lentils, carrots, sliced tomatoes, sprinkle with olive oil, season with ground pepper.
- Pour the future moussaka broth (you can replace with skimmed milk), bake at 200 C until browned. Serve, sprinkled with parsley or green onions.
Vitamin day: pears with honey
Ingredients: 3 large yellow pears, 3 spiced cloves, vanilla extract, cinnamon, honey, nuts.
- Cut the pears into thin slices and lightly in a frying pan with water, cloves and vanilla.
- Allow to cool, add 1 tbsp honey and cinnamon on the tip of the knife.
- Gently stir so that the slices are not broken, and the honey has spread, sprinkle the dish with nuts (no more than 25 grams).