WHAT FOODS ARE BEST TO AVOID
According to the diet for hypothyroidism for weight loss, when drawing up a menu for a week, you will have to refuse such products:
- rich pastries;
- fatty meats;
- fast food;
- smoked sausages and fish;
- carbonated drinks and alcohol;
- jams, confitures, preserves;
- pickles, pickled products;
- dishes with a fried crust, whole fried.
Also, polished rice is not recommended, which is better to replace coarse and unprocessed varieties, such as brown, wild red, etc. Due to the high cholesterol content, the consumption of caviar and fatty cheeses should be minimized.
Pasta tends to not digest well enough in hypothyroidism, so it is also recommended to limit them.
Potatoes are allowed only boiled and in small quantities. Cottage cheese , sour cream, milk (with the exception of skimmed milk) should be limited due to the presence of calcium in them, which can damage the thyroid tissue. Salt promotes puffiness, so its amount should not exceed 5 g per day.
Despite the fact that a diet for hypothyroidism for weight loss is extremely beneficial and allows you to use available products, you must understand that any restriction in nutrition is always stressful for the body. For those who are thinking over the menu for the whole week, you can take the meal plan for the day as a basis:
- Breakfast: steamed scrambled eggs of 2-3 proteins, low-fat yogurt, tea with a sugar substitute.
- Snack: orange.
- Lunch: seafood stew, such as mussels with bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes; a salad of cucumber, lettuce, herbs with a little vegetable oil, sesame seeds, and garlic. An apple baked in the oven or microwave.
- Afternoon snack: fresh fruits or berries.
- Dinner: steamed chicken breast with stewed vegetables, low-fat kefir.
Reviews and the results obtained indicate the effectiveness of such a diet. At the same time, it requires strict self-discipline and patience from a person.