IMPORTANT PRINCIPLES OF NUTRITION
If you want to bring your weight back to normal with hypothyroidism, you should consider a number of important prescriptions that will help you achieve your goal:
- Try to consume iodine-rich foods such as seaweed and other seafood every day.
- Do not forget about physical activity and take the drugs prescribed by specialists on time, because with an unstable hormonal background, even a low-calorie diet will not help.
- Eat regularly but in small portions. For 1 meal, it is better to consume such a volume of food, which is comparable to the capacity of a regular lunch box.
- In the diet for hypothyroidism, the thyroid gland should have enough protein. Fats and carbohydrates should also be, but less. In addition, protein is a supplier of the amino acid tyrosine, which is especially important in hypothyroidism. Without it, the thyroid gland will not be able to produce hormones.
Also, the most high-calorie foods are best consumed before 4 pm. This is the period when any person is most active. Through this approach, most of the calories from food will be used.
- With hypothyroidism, you should eat daily meals, the total calorie content of which does not exceed 1800 kilocalories.
- Avoid fried, smoked foods, pickles, and marinades. Fats and carbohydrates should be present on the menu, but in relatively small quantities. In this case, there should be enough protein.
- The menu should be rich in foods containing iodine and the amino acid tyrosine, without which the synthesis of thyroid hormones is impossible.